The Center for Optimal Health is excited to bring Thermography to Door County every 3 months.
The next date of appointments will be held in the office November 11th, 2014 by Diane Bullman, a certified thermography technician from Radiant Health Imaging. To schedule a thermography exam, please call 507-459-9328.
Thousands of people in the United States have taken advantage of Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging. (DITI) DITI detects heat to measure the physiological activity in your body. This clinical test is supported by 30 years of research and over 8000 published medical studies. This procedure takes less than 20 minutes, requires no physical contact, is 100% safe with no radiation and is FDA approved.
Medical DITI is a non-invasive, safe, diagnostic tool that pictures and analyzes changes in the skin’s surface temperature without the use of radiation. While X-rays, ultrasound, and mammography show us the structure of the body, they will miss such things as active inflammation and increased blood supply as found in many illnesses. DITI is a unique technology that takes a picture and creates a map of the infrared patterns of the body. It is different from other screening tools because it helps you to see how your body functions.
DITI is now available to people in the area who want access to the earliest, safest, and most comfortable screening that technology offers without sacrificing effectiveness. An infrared scanning device is used to convert infrared imaging from the skin surface into electrical impulses that are shown in color on a monitor. This visual image maps the body temperature and is referred to as a thermogram. The spectrum of colors indicates an increase or decrease in the amount of heat being emitted from the body surface. Since there is a high degree of thermal symmetry in the normal body, subtle abnormal temperature differences are easily identified. Medical DITI is highly sensitive to variations in the vascular, muscular, neural, and skeletal systems and can contribute invaluable information to a diagnosis made by a physician.
Is it accurate? Yes. As a routine screening tool, it has been shown to be 97% effective at detecting benign vs. malignant breast abnormalities. One study tracked 1537 women with abnormal thermograms for 12 years. They had normal mammograms and physical exams. Within 5 years, 40% of the women developed malignancies. The researchers commented, “an abnormal thermogram is the single most important marker of high risk for the future development of breast cancer”. These results have been repeated time and again for nearly 30 years. (See our research link)
Medical DITI has been used extensively in human medicine in the U.S., Europe, and Asia for the past 20 years. Current state-of-the-art, PC-based infrared technology is now designed specifically for clinical use.
Clinical thermography may be helpful as an adjunctive aid for diagnosis and prognosis, as well as monitoring therapy progress, for conditions and injuries, including:
|Back Injuries||Breast Disease|
|Arthritis||Carpal Tunnel Syndrome|
|Nerve Damage||Inflammatory Pain|
|Unexplained Pain||Skin Cancer|
|Fibromyalgia||Referred Pain Syndrome|
|Dental and TMJ||Stroke Screening|
|Vascular Disease||Digestive Disorders|
The Benefits of Thermography
- Thermography can detect disease and injury by revealing the thermal abnormalities present in the body.
- Can assess pain and pathology anywhere on the body and is very helpful in monitoring therapy.
- No radiation – 100% safe for everyone
- Non-invasive, no injections
- Offers privacy – no bodily contact
- Thermography is cost effective, risk-free and provides instant images through digital technology.
- You receive a color copy of your images along with a written interpretation by an M.D. certified in thermology. Results usually within 48 hours. STAT results are also available.
- Your images are archived in a secure data base. All future scans are compared to the earlier images. This is important in a screening process – allowing to watch for change over time.
- If you relocate to another area of the country you can continue your screening with a certified thermography clinic.
- Thermography fills the gap in clinical diagnosis.
- Your thermographer was trained under the auspices of the American College of Clinical Thermology.
- At RHI we scan by body region. They are: head, breast/chest, abdomen, lower extremities, upper extremities. All include anterior, posterior and laterals, some include oblique views. A full body scan includes all the body regions from head to toe. One or two body regions takes a 30 minute appointment. Three or more regions require a one hour appointment. Your practitioner/therapist may request a combination of regions for pain or trauma evaluation.
- You get Peace of Mind
fig. 2 – Myofascia Trigger Point
fig. 3 – Auto Immune Dysfunction